Subject: Re: time loss on beige G3 MT
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/25/2002 15:11:43
On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Charlie Allom wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 10:46:38PM -0400, -=Truman Beal=- wrote:
> > Kinda common with PC's..  Excellent tools, awful clocks..  Take a look
> > into ntp-
>
> Yup I only noticed because ntpd keeps stepping the time _back_ now i
> look at it.
>
> I vaguely remember there being some OF fixes you could do on macppc.

It's probably a slight error in the bus speed.  Grab clockometer, boot
into Mac OS 9, find out what your real bus speed is, and then create an
nvram patch that runs a little forth program to change the bus speed info
in the processor's OF node.  (And no, I don't know how to do this.)

David

David A. Gatwood                                dgatwood@gatwood.net
Developer Docs Writer                             dgatwood@apple.com
Apple Computer                                  dgatwood@mklinux.org