Subject: RE: Installation onto a 7600/120
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Tristan Celder <tristan@intensiv.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/17/2002 01:28:05
Thank you for the replies!

I seem to have fixed the problem by... I have no idea how. It just
worked this time (or probably the more likely scenario of 'I typed it
wrong the first time'...). Maybe a couple of reboots and then it works?
No idea!

Also, it now boots NetBSD without me having to type boot in OF (I
changed no settings whatsoever in Open Firmware) which is great, but I
don't understand why I was having trouble before!

Now let's get this server set-up... :)

This (quoted below) is still a problem however (albeit a very minor
aesthetic one). So any light shed would be appreciated.

>And... I have applied the open firware patch but my screen
>is still completely mangled, artefacts all over the show, and the edges
>resemble zebra crossings with confetti spilt over them.

Once again, thanks for the replies!

Tristan.
Unix newbie