Subject: Re: Why floppy disk ejects?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/11/2002 10:11:51
11.10.2002 08:51:19, Daniel Bolgheroni <dab__@uol.com.br> wrote:

>I'm trying to install NetBSD on a Performa 6360. I created the disk with
>boot.fs image as described in the Install Manual (dd if=boot.fs
>of=/dev/fd0 bs=36k; fd0 because image was created in a GNU/Linux system).
>
>So, when I try to boot (boot fd in OF), the disk simply ejects.
>
>What's wrong? I don't believe in disk problem, because I created this disk
>twice, and failed twice.

Older firmware... it tries to boot MacOS (Systemfolder on a HFS(+) volume)  and that's totally different from booting NetBSD.
You have to do some additional voodoo to boot it.
( Can't help you there, I have the same problem but still can't access OF... BTW - is there an easy way to use some PC as terminal on the serial OF console ? Linux manages to put the serials into
some RS232 mode but OF uses 422 )

have fun
Michael