Subject: Re: Booting a Beige G3 266mhz (OF 2.4) box (was "Re: Install
To: Kevin Keith Woo , Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/08/2002 17:48:30
At 4:43 AM +0000 10/1/02, Kevin Keith Woo wrote:
>Hi Joseph,
>
>     Thanks for your suggestions. However, I don't think I can use
>them because my machine doesn't have a zip bay. My beige G3 (OF 2.4)
>instead has a floppy drive. The floppy drive appears hopelessly
>broken. I can't even use the floppy drive in macos 9.1!

He wasn't talking about actually using the Zip bay or floppy for
anything. He was using his trials with his second hard drive as an
example to show you the subtle syntax issues involved (specifically
the backslash versus the forward slash).

Also, if yours is a tower it has a zip bay...it just may not be
populated by anything. The floppy was present in all models, and the
zip was an option *in addition to* the floppy, and not instead of.

HTH
Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.