Subject: Re: Newish TiBook 800 Qs
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/04/2002 16:26:19
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:55:14PM +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
> not thoughts but questions... What symptoms did you see before hacking the
> 4.2 X server? And can you make available the patch / the patched X server
> binary?

Failed to mmap--I think it is the same one that you posted.  I
don't know if the hack is safe, but it isn't _obviously_ dangerous
(though it seems odd that someone would just allocate way too much
space).  The hack is simply changing

	#define RADEON_MMIOSIZE 0x80000
	#define RADEON_MMIOSIZE 0x10000

in xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/radeon.h.

I'd upload the binaries somewhere for you, but they aren't available
at the moment.

Does the combo 550 have a Radeon ?

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...