Subject: DEFAULT CACHE errors on 6500
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthieu Lalonde <mlalonde@ravesw.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/30/2002 20:19:37
I'm trying to boot of the 1.6 release iso from an internal scsi drive.
SCSI ID 2
I was able to go into the OpenFirmware with BootVar. but I can't boot=20
of the cd.
 >dev scsi-int/sd@2
 >show-children show-children , unknown word
ok

 >dir scsi-int/sd@2 can't OPEN the DIR device
ok

So I tried booting of a floppy with the kernel of 1.6 and the boot=20
loader of 1.5.3 (i heard 1.6 didn't work well=BF)
 >dev fd:,\ ok
 >dir fd:,\ -
NETBSD     .   008 0 0
OFWBOOT .   XCF  020 AB0 D830
BNETBSD  .   GZ 020 2 155AC3   ok

 >boot fd:,\ OFWBOOT.XCF NETBSD.GZ DEFAULR CATCH, code=3DFFF00300 at=20
%SRR0: FF80C8AC %RR1: 00009070
ok

I really have no idea what is wrong
BootVar is set as auto-boot off boot on appl/rom input KBD=20
/bandit/(...) for the video
load-base 600000
real-base F00000

Machine Specs:
PowerMac 6500 / 250Mhz
64Mb RAM
6Gb HD (IDE)
SCSI-INT:
ID 0 CD-ROM
ID 2 CD-R
SCSI-EXT:
ID 5 ZIP

I really which I could get it to boot. It's the only use I have for=20
this 6500. And it would be very useful to have it that way!

Thanks.=