Subject: Re: Unattended booting
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/30/2002 10:51:12
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> At 7:05 PM -0500 9/29/02, Donald Lee wrote:
>
> Just to make things even more confusing some of us like to get into
> discussions about how we might get around some of the above
> divisions.  For example you can directly boot ofwboot.xcf on an OF 1
> system if it's on an ms-dos floppy or a plain vanilla ISO9660 CD-ROM.
> Just not from an HFS partition on a hard disk.  I'd like to try
> OF1 for kicks some day (though that mightn't be useful for the port
> overall).

Henry,

One off-the-wall thing you might try is having an Apple partition map, and
making an msdos fs in there. For dos disks, Darwin uses "DOS_FAT_16" as
the partition type, so try using that for the partition type (in the Apple
partition map). Since OF doesn't really seem to use clues (partition
tables) to tell it which fs to use, that might just work. :-)

Take care,

Bill