Subject: Re: What Network Cards Work -- Install documentation is wrong
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc1@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/29/2002 19:33:08
At 5:15 AM -0700 9/23/02, Daniel Eggert wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've tried both the on-board and two PCI network adapters listed in the Install Notes for 1.6 as supported. None of them work.
>
>Can anybody tell me of a card that _does_ work?
>

>I'm running on a Apple Network Server 700. Here are the ones I've had no luck with:
>
>on-board                   mc(4)    chip-resets constantly
>Apple PCI Ethernet Card    tlp(4)   NetBSD hangs on executing 'ifconfig -a'
>Netgear FA-311             sip(4)   once configured, I get 'parity error' messages faster than I can count
>

>All help / suggestions are appreciated.
>
>Daniel

Let me provide an old data point.  This may have changed in the last few
months, and I don't have an ANS... ;->

Unfortunately, I also don't have information about the exact model numbers that
I tested any more.

My SMC board (epic driver) has been running production in my PowerCenter 132
for about a year now.  It whines in the log from time to time, but seems to
work fine.

See below,   YMMV.

-dgl-