Subject: Booting problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Fultz <fultz@cs.purdue.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/24/2002 15:10:07
So, I have this Power Computing Power Center clone. Several months
ago I used BootVars to set the input-device and output-device to
ttya. However, since then I have not gotten it to display anything
to either the on-board video or the modem (ttya) port. I have
tried pulling and reseating the RAM, cache, VRAM, and ROM, tried
doing the CUDA reset, tried pulling the battery, tried
Command-Option-P-R on boot up and none of those have resluted in
any output from anything.
When I turn it on, I get the startup sound, but no output.

I was thinking, maybe it would be possible to make a CD/floppy
that is bootable that has Applescript and BootVars on it and an
Applescript that has the commands to run BootVars and set the
input-device and output-device back their original values.
Does this sound doable?

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this machine working again?

Charles Fultz
fultz