Subject: X on iMac rev D with 1.6
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/23/2002 17:33:16
I just installed netbsd 1.6 on an iMac revision D, and I am having
trouble getting X to work.  The problem is that unless I boot into
macos first, the X display is scrambled and unusable.  If I boot into
macos and then reboot into netbsd without powering off first, then X
works perfectly.  This happens both with the Xpmac server from the
netbsd 1.6 tarballs, and with XFree86 4 that I compiled from the
netbsd 1.6 xsrc.  Attached is a copy of my XF86Config

I've searched the port-macppc archives and googled the web, and I
can't seem to find anyone else with this problem.  Is this really a
problem with 1.6 and the early iMacs, or am I just doing something
stupid?

 -jre