Subject: Re: Booting a Beige G3 266mhz (OF 2.4) box (was "Re: Install problems
To: None <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Keith Woo <kkwoo@sdf1.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/18/2002 23:35:20
Hi Bill,

> Ok, can you burn your own CDs? Since you say (below) you're using
> home-brewed 1.6 CDs, I expect you can.
>
> Please try the attached ofwboot.xcf. It's the one from 1.6, but I deleted
> the cache-flushing code.

    I burnt a 1.6 pure ISO-9660 install CD with the new ofwboot.xcf, and now I currently get "CLAIM failed" messages without any other error message. I've continued ensuring load-base=600000 and real-base=F00000. I can't even get the "Default CATCH" messages anymore right now.

    Perhaps I should re-load the System Disk utility and re-patch the NVRAM. I've run out of ideas for booting NetBSD 1.6 successfully.

kkwoo@sdf1.org