Subject: Re: 1.6 hangs on first boot
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marco van de Voort <marcov@dragon.stack.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/15/2002 14:39:55
> As you may already find to avoid this situation, but just for FYI,
> it will be nice to set
>
> 0 > real-base F00000
> 0 > reset-all
>
> Marco> OF prompt. Is installing a MacOS on another HD the only way to get to the OF
> Marco> prompt again?

I did this anyway, since the other ones needed preparation, and have it
running now.

I'll prepare a HFS floppydisc with bootvars, and also look for a serial
cable the next Mac fair I'm attending, for the next time (since I've two
powermacs and a IIci on top of eachother, that'd be handy to have anyway)
----

Till now I haven't found much difference on this machine. The framebuffer is
still very slow, the (standard) tulip card is still unsupported.
But if it compiles only a bit faster, it would make it worth the trouble
anyway :-)

Another odd thing is that I have /var/log on a different FS (so that snort
packet logs don't fill my root part), and syslogd tries to access /var/log
before all filesystems are mounted.