Subject: Re: 1.6 hangs on first boot
To: Marco van de Voort <marcov@dragon.stack.nl>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@stack.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/15/2002 11:03:46
Marco van de Voort wrote:

> AFAIK, the variables have changed, I found out that already. But the Mac
> tries to boot into MacOS again, and cmd-apple-OF doesn't bring me on the
> OF prompt. Is installing a MacOS on another HD the only way to get to the OF
> prompt again?

Try harder. Getting to the OF prompt might take a few times - especially
if you're not pressing the right keys ;)

FYI: "Command" and "apple" are the same key. You need COMMAND-OPTION-O-F,
'Command' being the apple key, and 'Option' often being labeled as 'alt'.

Also, it's not completely unfeasable that OF jumps to a serial console.

--
    Martijn van Buul -  Pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333