Subject: Installation Troubles with 6500
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Watson <majuki@attbi.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/28/2002 16:27:50
I want to get NetBSD installed on my 6500/300.  I made an ISO with Toast.  I
try the following command at the OF prompt:

boot scsi-int/sd@3:0,OFWBOOT.XCF NETBSD.MACPPC

I've tried the other variants from installation guides, but none have
worked.  I cannot get the dir to list the contents of the cd.  Any pointers
would be appreciated.  My machine has OF version 2.0.3.  I'm accessing it
through a terminal program.  (I did have input and output mapped to the kbd
and monitor, respectively, but I read somewhere that NetBSD wouldn't load at
all that way and that I had to do it through a terminal.)  Any tips or
assistance would be appreciated.

--Brian

--
Brian Watson (majuki@attbi.com)