Subject: Re: newer G4 models and panic: lockmgr: pid 0, not exclusive lock holder
To: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/20/2002 15:20:07
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 12:15:10PM -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> Is there any consensus on what triggers it (particular CPU revisions?),
> workarounds, or potential solutions?
>
> Can someone who understands this issue file a PR and let me know what to
> put in the FAQ?  It'd be kinda embarrassing to release 1.6 with a lot of
> these newer G4 models broken in this way without even a FAQ.

I don't think these have been resolved yet.  I'm curious if yesterday's
changes to fix the 4400 have any effect.  Can someone try a -current
kernel based on today's sources on one of these machines?  Would it help
for me to provide a kernel binary?

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...