Subject: Re: 20020313+0314 time warp version works on kbd/screen
To: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/18/2002 15:27:20

--0-1408636093-1024435235=:19014

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Makoto Fujiwara wrote:

> Here we go:
>  Common condition:
>   anoncvs src with 'checkout -D 20020314-UTC syssrc'
>   StarMax 3000/240 OF 2.0.2
>   input/output-device set to kbd/screen
>   0 > boot ata/ata-disk@0:0 netbsd.1
>
>  Testing parts:
>   (1) consinit removed
>   (2) cpu_probe_cache/before install_extint
>   (3) syncicache.c (half) reverted to 20020313
>
> (1)   (2)   (3)
> YES               works
> YES   YES         works
>       YES         stops after start=0x100000
>       YES   YES   works
>
> Do you need more combinations ?

Dang. That's VERY WEIRD.

I don't think you need to test it, but I think (3) by itself will work.

I'm really puzzled.

Let's see if a little deductive work will help.

I think patch (1) has something to tell us I've not gotten. consinit()
calls two routines, cninit and the ddb init. Makoto, could you try
disabling one then the other of them? I bet what this change does is have
us not call the OF code, when calling the OF code w/o flushing the cache
would have problems. I bet why everything works is that there's another
call to consinit() later in main, which works because it's after the cache
stuff is setup. :-)

Could you also try the attached diff in one of the cases that works (say
with patch (3) but not patch (2))? It will show us what's in the cache
info on startup.

Oh, I think I found the problem with patch (2). I'll send out a 2' in a
seperate message.

Take care,

Bill

--0-1408636093-1024435235=:19014
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--0-1408636093-1024435235=:19014--