Subject: My C600 woon't boot
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: key <palm550@netscape.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/15/2002 03:41:04
Hi!

I read with attention the FAQ to install netbsd on my C600 w/ upgraded
card SONNET G3/400.
I burned a cdrw from the macppc.iso. It is mounted under macos. But I
have a problem.
I can open the OF I can type all words except show-children after a dev
scsi-int.
I have a message SCSI Reseting. Nothing else except a freeze.

I reboot re-type dev scsi; show-children after to find out the devices.
Always the same message. even if i go through these informations and
continue blindly w/ a boot scsi-int/sd@1:0 netbsd.macppc . I try also
boot scsi-int/sd@0:1.

Do I make a setenv boot scsi-int/sd@0:1 netbsd.macppc. What is the right
syntax? I'm lost. Do I burn on a CDR and boot from SCSI ID 3?

Anyone have suggestions?

Have a configuration :
 C 600/200 112Mb
Sonnet G3/400 Copper
OF 2.0
ATA intern 0        N° = 0 Version driver. :    3.2.6
                I want install on it Netbsd

Bus SCSI 0        N° = 1 :  CD-ROM YAMAHA    CRW8824S

Bus SCSI 0        N° = 3 : CD-ROM MATSHITA    CR-506
Bus SCSI 0        N° = 4 : HD QUANTUM FIREBALL ST4.3S

Bus SCSI 1        N° = 0 : HD  ATA   ST340016A

PCI         A1 :    display formacGA12 that I can't use w/ OF. Can I use
it within BSD?
PCI          Ethernet Asante 10Mb
PCI         C1   ACARD,6280M for the ATA disk

NetBSD/macppc 1.5.2 is on the yamaha track burnt w/ Toast  at SCSI Bus
0, ID 1