Subject: Re: us.swapctrlcaps keymap
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/14/2002 10:49:56
On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:32:16AM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > Well, just to make life interesting, there are those of us with (ADB)
> > keyboards where the caps lock key locks in position. :-)
>
> In fact, the only ADB keyboards that have an even remotely good
> feel have locking caps keys.

For me, it's a matter of viability. The "Saratoga II" (*) keyboard I got
with my IIsi in 1990 has outlived the keyboard I got with my Beige G3 in
like 1998.

(*) The first extended Apple keyboards were nicknamed/codenamed Saratoga,
after the aircraft carrier, as they were perceived as being as big as
aircraft cariers. They were the ones that flared up at the top. Mine is
one of the ones that flattened at the top instead.

Take care,

Bill