Subject: Re: stuck at 'start=0x100000'
To: port-macppc@netbsd.org, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/14/2002 18:47:45
Manuel> I have this problem since I've installed this 4400 with NetBSD. GENERIC
Manuel> used to boot fine but I've never been able to boot a custom kernel.

I have some suspicion that we have two problems, although I don't have
anything firm.

But my question to Manuel is that which cc do you use to make custom
kernel ? Is it egcs-1.1.2 ?
The GENERIC kernel of distribution is compiled by 2.95.3 as you know,
and if you are using egcs, there may be be slight chance ..

My PM4400 stops at

0 > boot
>> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.5
>> (makoto@u, Mon Feb  4 21:13:10 JST 2002)
no active package3842200+218600 [188624+156338]=0x433c90
 start=0x100000
[ using 345616 bytes of netbsd ELF symbol table ]

even with serial console if the kernel is compiled by egcs-1.1.2.
(I need to double check to make sure. This observation may be
ghost,)

Oh no, too old secondary boot loader... I may be wrong.
---
Makoto Fujiwara,