Subject: Re: 1.6 beta1 panic trap at Promise Ultra100TX2 (Sonnet Tempo Ata 100)
To: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/08/2002 19:59:38
On Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 06:00:25PM +0900, Makoto Fujiwara wrote:
> With the patch attached, it won't panic any more.

Ops, you're rigth. Thanks !
Should be fixed in pciide.c 1.156

> But still there is parametric problems, getting:
>
> wd0: transfer error, downgrading to Ultra-DMA mode 2
> wd0(pciide0:0:1): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33) (using DMA data transfers)
> wd0c: aborted command, interface CRC error reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
> wd0: soft error (corrected)

Hum, a CRC error could just be a cable problem. The 20268 doesn't have
explicit timings settings, it gets them by snooping the SET_FEATURE command.

I don't have docs on this adapters, I has to guess things from other
open-source drivers. Maybe you could try to remove this line:
	bus_space_write_1(sc->sc_dma_iot, sc->sc_dma_ioh,
	    IDEDMA_CMD + 0x1, 0x0b);

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>