Subject: Re: Apache perl error
To: Brendan Gilmore <bgilmore@mac.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2002 21:21:18
On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 06:58:12PM -0500, Brendan Gilmore wrote:
>    After adding these following lines:
>    LoadModule perl_module lib/httpd/mod_perl.so
>    AddModule mod_perl.c
>     to my Apache configuration file I get the following error.
>    Syntax error on line 215 of /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
>    Cannot     load     /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/mod_perl.so     into    server:
>    /usr/pkg/lib/httpd/mod_perl.so:  Unsupported  relocation  type  10  in
>    non-PLT relocations
>    The  only  information  I  can  find  is that others have had the same
>    problem,  no  discussion  in regards to a solution or workaround.  Can
>    anyone point me in the right direction?
>    I'm running 1.5.2 on a PowerMac 8600/300 and Apache 1.3.24

This is usually caused by the objects in question (perl and apache)
being compiled with different relocation options (usually? always?
-fpic vs. -fPIC).  Did you build both with pkgsrc, independently,
or are you using binary packages?

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...