Subject: Re: Rebooting a G4/350
To: NetBSD-ppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Gavin Carothers <gcarothers@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/26/2002 21:00:08

On Sunday, May 26, 2002, at 07:04PM, Xavier HUMBERT
<xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org> wrote:

>In message <B9166B58.1CCE%gcarothers@mac.com>,
>Gavin Carothers wrote:
>
>>However when it reboots it stops dead at the ofw prompt again it also
>>stops taking any input from the keyboard.
>
>Where you are (purposely) in OpenFirmware, what does printenv say ?

Only things changed from signiture are:
boot-comand          boot
boot-device             ultra1:,\ofwboot.xcf
boot-file                    netbsd.macppc

that's it. Everything else is as it was. It boots fine just when it reboots
the boot loader exits and drops back into ofw. Well at least that's what it
was doing till a few minutes ago. Now I get a lovely blank white screen,
however if I hold down the Command-Option-O-F I can just type boot and it
boots up normally.
      --Gavin