Subject: Re: g4 cube auto-boot doesn't
To: Frank Cusack <fcusack@fcusack.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/21/2002 17:40:58
At 2:54 PM -0700 5/21/02, Frank Cusack wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 07:15:26PM -0700, Frank Cusack wrote:
>  > I've played with the OF settings a bit more and now I have a g4 brick. :~(

|-(

>So I've tried practically every possible way to try and work around this
>by mounting the hard drive from another Mac.
>
>I am sending it to Apple to have the nvram reset.  Unless someone here
>knows how to do this other than CMD-OPT-P-R.  I tried removing the battery
>and resetting the logic board, neither of which worked.

How long did you leave the battery out?  Putting it in reversed will
speed the process, but don't leave it in but a minute or two in that
case.

Actually is it nvram or is it flash eprom on this beast?  If the
latter then it may not matter what you do with the battery.

Try doing a CMD-OPT-O-F and see if you can get into OF.  If so then I
think set-defaults will restore things for you, or else you can do a
printenv and reset everything the way it used to be one by one.  (Or
does OF 3 not show the factory defaults for the settings?  I've
mostly played with OF 1.)

Good luck.