Subject: sysinst coredump
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Neil Ludban <nludban@karlnet.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/21/2002 18:05:03
Hello,

I've got a coredump from sysinst (GENERIC_MD, 20020407-1.5ZC) on
a G4.  It had ftp'd the files, and (I think) just finished one of
the pax commands (but not sure which one).  I rebooted the machine
and manually extracted everything without a problem, now it's up
and running OK.

I can email the core file (1.3M) to individuals by request, or get
backtraces or other output if somebody can give me a quick how-to
to generate the right debug object files the first time.  (Or maybe
even track down the problem, I'm competent enough with gdb but not
familiar with the install kernel build process.)

	-Neil