Subject: Building 1.5.2 kernel problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Arlie Glenn Capps <agc1@email.byu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/18/2002 06:52:21
Hello,
I have a 6500 that I installed version 1.5.2 onto.  I decided to compile a
-current kernel with Linux emulation support, so I downloaded the sys.src.tgz
file for -current branch and untarred it into /usr/src/sys.  But when I had
problems compiling, I decided perhaps it would be best to stick with the 1.5.2
kernel in the 1.5.2 distribution.  So I got sys.src.tgz for 1.5.2, untarred, and
followed the direcions for making the kernel.  It gets to the very end (I think)
and then fails:

make: no rule to make vers.o. Stop

(or something similar).  So, I would appreciate it if anyone could explain the
mystery of the missing vers.c, which I can't find anywhere.

Thanks,
Arlie Capps