Subject: G4 install panic from cnopen
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Neil Ludban <nludban@karlnet.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/17/2002 12:49:27
On a Power Mac G4, factory refurbished, single 800MHz processor.  The
model is M8493, which isn't listed in the Apple page linked to on the
NetBSD supported models page (it has gigabit ethernet and AGP video).

	panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV

Open Firmware version is 4.3.3f2.  The system came with both OS9 and X
installed, I've repartitioned the drive and installed X.

Attempting to install 1.5ZC snapshot from 20020407, I always get the
above panic.  Tried disconnecting mouse, moving USB plugs, and even
a different keyboard with no luck.

Open Firmware devalias says:
	keyboard	/pseudo-hid/keyboard
	screen		/pci@f0000000/ATY,BlueStoneParent@10/
				ATY,BlueStone_A
and printenv:
	input-device	keyboard
	output-device	screen

boot command (entered manually) is:
	boot hd:9,\ofwboot.xcf /netbsd.INSTALL.gz

(BTW, the install notes say netbsd.ram.gz, which doesn't seem to
exist in the distribution?)

That's everything I've been able to find in install notes, FAQ, and
searching mailing lists... is there anything else I can try?

TIA,
	-Neil