Subject: OT- Email Load Balancing
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul B. Lorah <paul@macmaverick.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/06/2002 17:51:55
Hi-

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I do plan to do this on NetBSD
servers :)

I am interested in increasing the performance of my company's
listserver.  My idea is to set up an array of NetBSD boxes running
Postfix, load balanced by BIND.  When I send an email to my lists, the
listserv pushes all the mail through the array.  Theoretically, should
this allow me to deliver mail faster through the same amount of
bandwidth?  Are there any programs which might make take advantage up
setting this up?  Thanks!

Paul

--
Paul B. Lorah