Subject: how do I crosscompile on an i386?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/14/2002 13:22:19
I am trying to make an up to date -current for my
macppc. How do I cross compile and get a good
set of binaries, etc. on my i386? I can build a
tree for i386 ok with my source tree, but get a
failure on the following command. (When I tried
to use the snapshot a while ago to compile -current
I got nowhere trying to do it on my macppc.)

#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/src
export TOOLDIR=/junk/tools
export DESTDIR=/t/mac
export OBJDIR=/junk/macobjdir
./build.sh >>/build/macsrclog 2>&1 \
	-m macppc \
	-T $TOOLDIR \
	-D $DESTDIR \
	-O $OBJDIR \
	-r -u  $*

Results are below.
(The preceding line is VERRRRY long, so I deleted it.)
nbmake: don't know how to make /t/usr/include/powerpc/stdarg.h. Stop

nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/sim/ppc
*** Error code 2

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/sim/ppc
*** Error code 1

--
Joseph Sarkes		jsarkes@tiac.net