Subject: Re: can't boot Powerbook
To: Larry Landrum <Larry.Landrum@peer.state.ms.us>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/18/2002 14:20:13
At 9:31 AM -0600 2/18/02, Larry Landrum wrote:
>I have apparently sucessfully installed NetBSD 1.5.2 on a 266 MHZ
>Powerbook with just the factory installed 4GB internal hard drive on
>ATA0, but I can't find the correct boot command. I think I've tried
>every possible combination but apparently not.
>
>Can anybody give me the correct boot command?

First make sure that you have setenv load-base and real-base to the
correct values, and then reset-all. When you get to OF next, do
printenv and double-check them.

For my PB 3400, the boot command is "boot ata-int/ata-disk@0:0" (no quotes)

If that doesn't work, then you should look at the OF info in the FAQ
to show you how to look at the device directory structure.

HTH
Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.