Subject: recommended video card for older PCI powermac
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/29/2002 21:27:33
I am looking to see if there is some way to get video on an old
9500. I have the ATI Mach 64 card but it doesn't seem to work, as
avid reader of this list will recall. To be precise, it works in
Mac OS, LinuxPPC and Mac OS X, just not in NetBSD. A different
card may not be the answer but if it's not expensive a trial, I
may go for it.

It occurs to me that even if it did work, it would be pretty lousy
on a 19 inch display (running Mac OS on this machine is limited to
1024 * 768). So what better quality cards would be both supported
and cheap?