Subject: Re: Root access
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@stack.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/20/2002 21:53:56
Anton Kiland wrote:
> it boots fine and all that, but i cant get root access....
>
> I have tried to do the '# /sbin/mount -u -w' command

The '#' shellprompt is a vague indication that you *do* have root access..
Your machine is running in single user mode, with / mounted read-only,
which means that you can't write to it.

> and it sais something (dont remember exact words)

That's not very helpful - then again, the command should have been

/sbin/mount -u -w /

(The last slash should be there.)

If it still doesn't work, please write down exactly what it says - otherwise
troubleshooting will be difficult ;)

--
    Martijn van Buul -  Pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333