Subject: Re: Is the kernel designed to return?
To: Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/13/2002 10:38:08
--fXStkuK2IQBfcDe+

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 10:25:41AM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Here I'm slightly confused.  A G4 Ti both returns to the prompt (halt)=20
> and powers down (halt -p) when so told.  Sounds like some Mac's are=20
> having trouble.

You have the most useful version of OF in that particular laptop.

We, unfortunately, want to support all versions of OF (and some macs
without OF, which is why I feel a little edgy about all this
OF-specific stuff going in machine-dependent code... it makes it
harder and harder to glom non-OF macs into the same port).

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--fXStkuK2IQBfcDe+