Subject: Ethernet Help
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Noah A Korba <noah.korba@ci.stpaul.mn.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/11/2002 08:45:17
I've installed BSD, gotten through the multiuser stuff (I've worked with
Open many times before, so it wasnt a shock), but for some reason it gives
me this error when it tries to configure the network:

"Starting network.
Hostname: bigbird
add net 127.0.0.0: gateway 127.0.0.1
add net fe80::: gateway ::1
add net fec0::: gateway ::1
add net ::ffff:0.0.0.0: gateway ::1
add net ::224.0.0.0: gateway ::1
add net ::127.0.0.0: gateway ::1
add net ::0.0.0.0: gateway ::1
add net ::255.0.0.0: gateway ::1
add net 2002:e000::: gateway ::1
add net 2002:7f00::: gateway ::1
add net 2002:0000::: gateway ::1
add net 2002:ff00::: gateway ::1
add net ::0.0.0.0: gateway ::1
IPv6 mode: host
Configuring network interfaces:.
writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
add net default: gateway 199.86.17.69: Bad file descriptor"

I think it may have to do with this error message, found right at the
beginning of initialization:
"Lite-On Communications 82C115 (PNIC II) 10/100 Ethernet (ethernet network,
revision 0x25) at pci0 dev 14 function 0 not configured"

Whats odd is that during the install, I was able to connect to the internet,
was able to ping from the shell, and download files. I looked around for
tlp0 (the device it used during installation for ethernet) and didnt find
it, nor did I find any pci devices. (de* does not exist either).

I'm at a loss here. I think it should be noted that I'm using a null-modem
connection to my ppc 6400 through ttyb, 38400/8/n/1,vt100, which works just
fine.

Thanks,

Noah
(~sparrow~)