Subject: Re: Newbie Question
To: Marc Bathgate <njfm@bathgate.org>
From: Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/05/2002 19:56:56
On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 05:37:46PM -0700, Marc Bathgate wrote:

> If I attempt to edit rc.conf, or anything else with that matter, I am
> confronted w/this error:
>
> ed: /tmp/ed.00012a: Read-only file system

Sounds like / is mounted read-only.  Try doing a "mount -o rw /", that
should fix it.

Also, if you want to use vi instead of ed to edit the file, you'll need
to mount the /usr partition as well.

--
Cliff Crawford                                   cjc26 at cornell dot edu
I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the rights of the