Subject: Re: any UNIXish mice or keyboards for USB Macintoshes?
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Steven Kasow <kasow@panix.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/05/2001 11:56:05
On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 11:58:42PM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 07:27:49PM -0800, Derek Peschel wrote:
> > I got the mouse and keyboard that came with my machine (G4 tower, only
> > supports USB -- no ADB).
>
> That's a shame, as Logitech makes (well, made, I presume it's
> moronically out of production now) a great 3-button ADB mouse which
> I use on the only macppc machine on which I run X (a 6500). If anyone
> else wants to look for one, it's the "MouseMan(tm), Macintosh
> Version", "M/N: M-AH32 P/N: 840015-00".
>
> > Ideally I'd like a mouse that's exactly the same as the one I have now
> > (black/clear color scheme, optical, requires no special mouse pad)
> > except that it has three buttons.
>
> Will you accept a wheel? I don't think I've ever seen a true three
> button USB mouse...
>
> No, wait, that's not true. The new Sun Blade 100s are shipping with
> all-USB peripherals.

When I started using NetBSD on my B&W G3 a couple years ago, I went out
and found a 3-button USB mouse at CompUSA. It's a "Logitech USB-PS/2 Mouse"
also labeled "WingMan Gaming Mouse" on its grey exterior, came with an
adapter if you wanted to use it via PS/2, and is entirely mechanical.
But it works just fine.

	cheers,

		Steven

--
kasow@panix.com
"Renegade academician. They're a dangerous breed when they go feral,