Subject: Booting
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/30/2001 18:18:22
I've not been able to boot the 1.5.2 release CD on a 7500 directly.
Is that just me?  (Also not on a PowerBook (PDQ), but that was iffy
anyway.)

I have been able to boot an MS-DOS floppy created by copying
ofwboot.xcf and the install kernel to the floppy on a 7500 and a
PowerBook (PDQ), but only by setting load-base to 500000 instead of
the recommended 600000 in both cases.  I find this preferable to
hunting up a way to create the official boot floppy under MacOS.