Subject: Re: machdep.c and OF 3 keyboard handling
To: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/28/2001 17:10:57
At 1:16 AM -0800 11/28/01, Derek Peschel wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 02:30:48PM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
>  > A clean way to retrieve the OF version that works on all OF versions
>>  would make a *lot* of our "works with this OF, not with this other"
>  > issues go away. I don't think there is one. I find more and more

Now I *know* that the OF version is stored somewhere.  You mean it
isn't the same place on different OF versions?  Even so the number of
different places to look can't be large and it should be possible to
check all of them.

The FAQ says:  dev /openprom .properties, but I know I've seen an
explicit version string somewhere in 1.0.5.