Subject: Wavelan/Airport Trouble
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Habel <uhabel@macbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/27/2001 01:14:54
Hi,

I just ran into the following problem. I am using a Macintosh
G3 Powerbook (bronze keyboard) with a Lucent Orinoco wireless
lan card I try to connect it to a Apple Airport Basis station
without any success. Here is a brief description of the problem:

The kernel has been build with this option included:
# Wavelan Airport card
wi0     at pcmcia? function ?           # Lucent WaveLAN IEEE

The card is been recognized at boot time:
wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0
wi0: address 02:00:06:2d:f4:44

the ifconfig.wi0 file:

!/usr/sbin/wiconfig wi0 -p 1
!/usr/sbin/wiconfig wi0 -n "Leya"
!/usr/sbin/wiconfig wi0 -e 1
!/usr/sbin/wiconfig wi0 -k 0123456789
!/usr/sbin/wiconfig wi0 -f 1
inet 192.168.1.199 netmask 255.255.255.0

the card flashes during configuration but isnt working
proper. The nwid isnt set correctly as it changes back
to NetBSD ISS after a short time. I am somewhat confused
about this - as I can connect to the basis station
when I use the good olī MacOS.

Any ideas ? any ideas how to debug this to get
more information ?

Yours

Uli