Subject: PowerBook (GigE) - just ran into wd0 lost interrupt problem.
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Key <key@KSquared.NET>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/23/2001 15:40:37
Hi Folks,

    I just ran into the wd0 lost interrupt problem on my
PowerBook (GigE).  I was using it via ssh sessions, untaring the
-current sources and just starting using SSHv2 connections, but
doing nothing from the console when it struck.  It gave a couple of
interrupt lost messages, timeout writing to devices.  Last message
was degrading to Ultra ATA-2 (UDMA/33), but at that point it
was completely locked up.  Wound up power cycling.

Anyways, I saw the macppc web-site that this was an outstanding
issue and just wanted to add another data-point.  I had been
untar'ing stuff, compiling pkgs, and otherwise pounding the disk
without obvious problems for a couple of hours before it died.

Regards,
K^2
--
Ken Key (key@KSquared.NET)