Subject: powerbook G4 keyboard and 1.5Y
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Latham <rob@terizla.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/19/2001 03:29:42
After reading  Makoto Fujiwara's description of some keyboard problems
with -current on his ibook, i though i should describe a bit more about
how i'm booting into netbsd

I'm using "yaboot" ( linux ppc bootloader ) to boot the netbsd
partition.  Yaboot assumes /bsd exists, and so gives me the Boot: prompt
when ( in my case) hd:12,/bsd can't be found.  At this point, i can type
away, and have no problem booting hd:12,/netbsd.

I've also tried hitting the shift key, as well as mashing on lots of
keys durring bootup.  I still am presented with a "Enter pathname..."
prompt to which i cannot respond.

Thanks for any advice you can share
==rob

--
Rob Latham: Allentown, PA USA
EAE8 DE90 85BB 526F 3181                   1FCF 51C4 B6CB 08CC 0897