Subject: My extra ATA internal drive is not recognized
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul Swartz <pcas@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/18/2001 16:51:11
My extra ATA internal drive is not recognized unless I
unplug my Beige G3-266 and then boot. I have been using this
extra drive for 2 years and only for the last few weeks has
this problem cropped up. I added an extra ATA 66 control
card to support the second internal 20GB drive. Rebooting
has no affect only unplugging the machine replugging in and
rebooting??? I built an OS (running 8.6) on my original
drive so the machine will come up in these instances but the
control card is not even shown in the system profiler. Could
this be my internal battery??? I Zapped the PRAM to no
effect?
Thanks
Paul