Subject: Re: MESH problems with 1.5Y snapshot
To: Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
From: Kevin Diggs <kevdig@rcn.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/15/2001 08:31:34
Hi,

    Is the Mesh running synchronously? When I was playing with this beast
(the mesh) a while back I could turn sync on and do simple things like fsck.
Even untarring things (kernel source, x source) seemed to work. But if I
tried to remove a big tree (rm -r ...) the thing would lock up solid. This
was very repeatable. I have not tried to debug the problem yet. The machine
I am using is a PowerMac 9600 (200MP -> G4/450).

    As I mentioned earlier, there is a code snippet in the Darwin mesh
driver that catches and deals with a rare race condition (i.e. mesh bug)
involving getting reselected while attempting to select something that does
not appear to be dealt with in the NetBSD mesh driver. I wonder if that
could be the problem? Any SCSI gurus out there? Can you disconnect if
running async?

                    kevin