Subject: PowerBook 3400c; NetBSD 1.5.2 failed to detect HDD
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Joshua Thomas <thomasj@engr.uconn.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/07/2001 12:40:53
Hi folks, this is my first post to this list.

I have a PowerBook 3400c that I'm trying to put NetBSD 1.5.2 on. After many
trials, I got Open Firmware to load NetBSD off of CD with: 0 > boot
atapi:1,\ofwboot.xcf netbsd.macppc

However, the kernel is not detecting my 1.3GB ATA HDD. It finds wdc0, which
has cd0 on it, my CD-ROM drive. It also find wdc1, but fails to ever detect
a drive. I read the FAQ, and because this is a laptop, I doubt the issue is
jumpers; and it's probally not SCSI termination either.

Any suggestions?

Joshua F. Thomas
Research Assistant | Fiber Optics Manufacturing
Programmer | University Information Technology Services
University of Connecticut
Lab: 860-486-0624
thomasj@engr.uconn.edu
http://www.engr.uconn.edu/ofmrl/