Subject: Re: mesh
To: Kevin Diggs <kevdig@rcn.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/10/2001 23:21:26
On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 02:53:39PM -0700, Kevin Diggs wrote:
>     I was wondering if someone could tell me why sync negotiation for
> the mesh SCSI thing in some of the powermacs is disabled.

Could be a bug...

>     What are the legal ramification for stealing, er I mean borrowing
> code from Darwin?

IANAL, but if you're taking actual code, then this is problematic due to
the Apple open source license.  If, however, you document what it does
for someone else to implement, it should be clean.

>     I am also seeing slow file system corruption. This manifests itself
> in a couple of files getting deleted by fsck because of "unknown file
> types". I see this almost every time I run fsck.

So if you have an unmounted filesystem and run fsck on it multiple
times, you get these errors?  Or what?

>     Advansys 3940 (Ultra 2) (no driver)

The adw driver should work in -current.  I'm running one in my Motorola
Sandpoint.  The driver was broken for big-endian machines, but it should
be fixed now.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...