Subject: Re: can't boot
To: DongSoo <ds22@mindspring.com>
From: WW <ww@styx.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/27/2001 20:43:29
On August 27, 2001 06:59 pm, you wrote:

> I just installed the netbsd 1.5.1 on my Mac 8600/250.
>
> i was able to go through the installation process but I can't boot from
> hard drive after.
>
> it's saying that Can't Open scsi/sd@0:0.
> what should I do? i tried diffrent settings but still not work.

If that is the correct disk, it could be that the firmware is trying to read
the boot blocks off of the disk before the disk has spun up. When doing a
cold boot do you get this message before you hear the disk spin up
completely? There is a bit of forth code floating around somewhere that you
can use to cause it to loop and wait for the disk to spin up before actually
trying to boot. I'm not sure where it is though. Perhaps this is/should be an
FAQ?

-w