Subject: Re: Completely stumped
To: matthewahearn <matthewahearn@mac.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/26/2001 06:05:41
On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 09:49:06PM +1200, matthewahearn wrote:
> I have successfully installed Darwin onto a Macintosh 9500. So I am of
> course running in console mode. Please can any body point me in the right
> direction for resources so I may understand how to use a modem/PPP etc. I am
> a complete beginner (idiot) so I am looking for beginners guide stuff here.

Nothing personal, but this isn't exactly the right forum for that
question, being as most of the people here are dealing with NetBSD
and only some of them have dealt with Darwin.

As I never have, I don't even know if it ships with an operable pppd
(or even has a userland interface to the serial ports, though I'd
suspect it does if MacOS X uses them). Reading the pppd(8) and
chat(8) man pages localized to your system are the only good places
I can think of to start, short of doing a web search for
documentation which you are pretty clearly capable of doing
yourself.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net