Subject: Re: Cocoon/Jakarta on Mac 4400 (A happy story)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/05/2001 11:20:38
>       You will find this in the pkgsrc under /lang/blackdown-jdk13/.
>             You may need to patch the pkg for use under macppc - look to
> the site above for the patch.  (I believe it now comes patched to handle
> macppc.)

It always had contained the approraiet patches. I don't understand what
went wrong in your setup...

>       Do not try to install the tarball from linuxppc.  The pkgsrc version is
> the only reliable release.

Yes, there is an additionnal reason for not using Linux tarballs for the
JDK: In the package, we have a binary patch for one library so that
native threads work on NetBSD. Note however that they are not fully
reliable, only green-threads work without any bug.

> Step 4.  Install Jakarta-Tomcat.  http://www.apache.org
>              Follow the simple instructions.

If you just do a "make install" in pkgsrc/www/jakarta-tomcat directory,
it should install blackdown-jdk13 and linuxppc_libs automatically, the
dependencies should do the job. Maybe that works with the cocoon
package, I have not tried this.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr