Subject: Re: usb mouse and user info
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <brendan@cs.uchicago.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/29/2001 17:57:10
> :)what documentation do i have to look at to get my usb mouse recognized?
> :)i tried just plugging it in, no go. i also tried rebooting with the
> :)mouse in and that did not help either. x always uses the trackpad on
> :)my powerbook.
>
> Are you using XFree86 or Xmacppc?

xmacppc. but i just compiled a kernel with options INSECURE, and i am trying
to get xfree to work. i'm having trouble getting a working XF86Config.
XFree86 -configure doesn't seem to do what it does on my linux box. my machine
is a lombard powerbook, but if anyone has a working netbsd/macppc XF86Config,
it would be helpful, even if it is not for a powerbook.

do you think getting xfree working will make my usb mouse work?

> :)also, i added a user, then i decided that that user did not belong there
> :)so i removed it the generic unix way: deleted the appropriate lines in
> :)/etc/passwd and /etc/master.passwd and removed the users home directory.
> :)
> :)however, the user can still log in! where is the user info _really_ kept?
>
> man vipw

thanks, that explained it. so vipw is not just for locking ...

brendan