Subject: Re: Weird G3 problem
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/29/2001 14:13:30
At 3:59 PM -0400 7/29/01, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

:)But, a thought on a processor not quite doing the right thing: did
:)you push (and hold for five to seven seconds) the motherboard reset
:)button when you seated the G3 in your motherboard?

Yup.  I just tried again, to double-check.  I did the CUDA reset, and my
clocks were all messed up (symptom of the reset).  That didn't change the
behavior of the compile.

:)I found I needed
:)to on my 7500 mobo to get it to actually behave properly with the G3
:)card. Things would work... but not quite correctly. (Yes, this
:)probably means you'll need to remuck with OF, so dump your settings
:)to a file or something.)

What do you mean by "not quite correctly"?  My system boots, runs apps,
gunzip -t's large files without checksum errors, and compiles a chunk of
the kernel.  It just doesn't compile it the same way as when a 604 is
compiling it.

  -- MW