Subject: kgdb status
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Tia Newhall <newhall@cs.swarthmore.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/27/2001 13:52:58
What is the status of kernel gdb in the NetBSD-macppc-current?

The 1.5.1 release does not seem to have kgdb support (compiling with
KGDB enabled fails due to missing kgdb definitions and functions).
NetBSD-macppc-current does have the kgdb definitions and functions and
a KGDB-enabled version of the kernel can be built.  However, I cannot
get it to work (I cannot remotely attach gdb to the KGDB-enabled target
kernel and the KGDB enabled kernel doesn't boot in the way in which is should
according to these instructions: netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/kgdb.html).

Does anyone know the status of kgdb support in NetBSD-macppc-current or
has anyone been able to get it to work?

Thanks,
Tia